Self Acceptance.

Hello there, it's me again and there's a topic that's been bothering me a bit lately.

Self Acceptance.

I know I thought it sounded corny when people tell you to love your body. But people often forget what it's like to be a 15 year old girl or boy with such a vast amount of media showing photo-shopped images of these gorgeous models. I can honestly say that 6 months ago, I would have clicked off this blog post and said to myself that it was just a bunch of trollop. But now I see more and more of girls at school hating on their bodies because they don't look like what the media says they should look like.

I for one, used to be (and sometimes I still am) one of those girls. One of my problems was my ghostly pale skin, as I used to call it. I would worry what I looked like in PE and whether people thought about me, and how pale my legs were. I used to wish away the days until I could go shopping and secretly buy fake tan. (my mother not being so keen on dying my skin and unnatural colour of orange, it's not so secret once you've committed to the cheesy Wotsit colour!) And as I look back at pictures where it dyed my eczema or I see the streaks on my ankles. I think to myself "wow I actually think I like my pale skin" " at least it isn't streaky like the fake tan!"

So what I'm trying to say is, I used to hate my pale skin. I tried fake tan and I looked worse. And even though I may have unconfident moments and I still use fake tan for special occasions. I still know that I'm okay with my once "pale", now I call fair, skin. And it complements my freckles.

I'm asking you to think about your most self conscious part of your body. (I know my next thing to over come is my not so flat tummy, but hey you have to start somewhere!) Think about what you think you would look like if you changed it. you may like the result, but is it really you? I tried to act on my self conscious parts by fake tanning and found that I really loved them even though it tried to be something I'm not. And even though I might get the bottle out every now and again. it doesn't matter because I will always be fair skinned and its something I've learned to live with, and even sometimes love.

Drop a comment below and tell me what your most self-conscious part is if you like.
Hopefully I've helped you in becoming your most confident self. But don't worry if it dosent happen in a week or even two. These things take time.

Comments

Popular Posts