Carnival Talk.

As Autumn brings us into Winter, summer fetes turn into Winter Carnivals and freshly squeezed lemonade turns into warm mulled wine. The days when we would spend the evening watching the sky turn from amber to purple and from pink to deep black turn into nights snuggled on the sofa watching film after film drinking pints of hot chocolate. There are some perks that come with the biting cold evenings though, Carnivals!

I just absolutely adore the atmosphere! The bright lights stand out so vibrant against the immensely dark night sky and I love emptying my penny jar to throw into the trailers. You know the ones that have nets and men made out of felt holding buckets for you to try to throw the pennies into, I always seem to miss the buckets. My sister has a better aim than me, must be the two more years of experience she has over me. You wouldn't think she was that much older than me if you met us face to face. She is 5,1" and I'm 5,2" and her short hair cut makes her angular face seem more youthful. We both call each other our little sister, almost as an inside joke.  But enough about our similarities, we have plenty of differences. She is definitely "warm blooded" and I am definitely "cool blooded", for example I wore a jumper, my winter coat and a scarf to the carnival and was still cold, my sister wore three quarter length trousers. Still, who was the one shivering? Me.

Here's some quick pictures of my shivery night. Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts