My Makeup Must Haves For Autumn.



With the autumn months upon us, and the bright pink lip not so fitting. I've decided to share with you my top five favourite autumnal makeup products. Well, I'm not sure they are all meant to be autumnal themed products, but they sure do complete my favourite makeup look! As autumn brings us to the doorstep of my favourite season it's exciting changing my makeup look for that vampy, edgy sort of look. It's like I take on a persona of this fierce and grungy, confident girl, apposed to my radiant summer looks. For me autumn makeup is about clean winged liner, a wine lip and some seriously bold lashes. There's just something special about being your bold and confident self that makeup can bring you.


Rimmel London, Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss, 107



This is a lipstick that you can slap on and it will look great with anything. It's so versatile, I've worn this lipstick both in the evening and in the day and it works both ways. I never used to wear red lipstick but it wasn't until a friend recommended this one to me I was ALL OVER IT. It retails for £5.49 on Superdrug.com. The formula isn't too creamy but you definitely aren't going to be tugging at your lips while trying to apply this. For the best application, I like to apply a similar lip liner to the edges of my lips and then paint on some of the lip colour right in the corners of my lips with a brush, I find that I usually mess up if I don't use a brush. Then I like to smear the lippy right onto the centre of my lips, I then take the lip brush and make sure the lipstick is even all over. Voila!


Lancôme Colour Focus Exceptional Wear EyeColour.

Shade's : Crème lustre, A shade from 4romance, A shade from 4romance and Spontaneous.



Unfortunately, I think this quad has been discontinued or was not sold in the first place. My Auntie gave this quad to me and she said that she was given it as a free-be with the products that she bought originally. On my quest to find this quad I came across a similar one but with amber and bronze toned colours. That particular quad was being sold on Amazon at £12.99 and is called Lancôme Colour Focus Self Select Deluxe Eyeshadow Quad. On a brighter note I really enjoy this quad when I am focusing on my eyes. After applying an eye primer I like to put the off-white shimmery shade in my inner corner and blend it with the shimmery pink up to the centre of my lid. I then take the deep wine colour and define my crease. With a smear of the dark grey on my upper and lower lash line and then my look is complete. Now for lashings of mascara for a sweet but sultry autumnal look. The shadows create a soft but bold look and the deep grey colour is exceptionally silky and blendable.



Sleek, Face Contour Kit, Pressed Powder & Highlighter in one. Light 884



Sleek, Sleek, Sleek, as usual they have pulled out all the stops with this one. This is the face contour kit in light 884 and I can honestly say I love it. (I think you can tell as I've nearly hit pan!) with a heavy hand it can give you a quite sun kissed bronzed look which can be good for summer but if you use it sparingly with a small brush underneath the cheekbones it gives an impeccable natural chizzle. If you have a baby face (like me) and you suit warmer colours this is the contour for you. Now, for the highlight, ooh the highlight. I don't think I have seen a more versatile highlight in high street brands. On boots.com this little beauty costs £6.99 and is such a natural, glowy highlight. Of course I like to use it for its conventional purpose, contouring, but I also use it on my eyes when I'm having a natural makeup day. I put a bit in my crease to give it some definition and dust a bit in my inner corners to make me look more awake. This one has been a staple for my everyday autumn makeup.

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner, 001 Black



For a classic winged liner, this is the product for you. Now I think everyone has been let down by makeup companies claiming that their product is the blackest black there is but its not the case for this one. With a small liner brush this guy gives a bold, clean and precise line with no bleeding into the small wrinkles or tugging at your eyelids.(I know I don't want premature wrinkles.) For a crisp application, I like to scoop up a little of the product with the brush and warm it up on the back of my hand. With a swoosh here and there I have achieved beautiful bold liner that lasts all day. This bad boy cost me £6.99 on superdrug.com.

Maybelline New York, Lash Sensational Mascara

Rimmel London, Volume Colourist Mascara


So, I may have cheated and shown you 6 products but I really can't talk about one of these products and not the other because I use them in conjunction. I really like the volume colourist mascara because it gives my lashes a darker tint and it gives great length to the lashes. But, it is not waterproof and gives a greenish stain when mixed with tears(I know glamorous walking around school with green bags under your eyes after having a tear sesh.). Although if I use lash sensational over the top, not only does it thicken the lashes and give them a bold volume, it also coats the mascara I put on before to stop the dreaded green stain. (It's become a must to have mascara that doesn't budge when I cry but comes off easily with some makeup remover) On superdrug.com the Lash sensational mascara costs £7.99 and the volume colourist mascara also costs £7.99.

And that's all for today, be sure to let me know your makeup must haves for Autumn!
Lottie xxx






Comments

Popular Posts