My Top 5 Hair Hacks.

Hello there, It's Lottie here and today I thought I would share my top 5 hair hacks. These are things that I do to try and tame my lions mane. (and if I say so myself, they are pretty. Darn. Good. hehehe)
  1. Switch up the order of your shampoo and conditioner. If you have fine hair like me and conditioner tends to weigh it down, if you condition first and shampoo after you will still get the benefits of the conditioner but the shampoo will wash away any unneeded heaviness that may weigh your hair down otherwise.
  2. At the end of your shower, if you rinse your hair with the coldest water possible it can help to close the cuticles that open when you wash your hair with warm water. This will help to strengthen your hair as the cuticles are closed and not susceptible to as much damage as it is when the cuticles are left open. (thanks google for the science behind this)
  3. Now, once you've finished your shower and your hair is still damp (not dripping) grab a teeny weeny bit of coconut oil and rub it into the ends for extra nourishment.  Be careful not to use too much or you might reverse the effects of actually having a shower and consequently have to take another. (I've made these mistakes so you don't have to)
  4. If you didn't know, my best friend has the softest curly ,yet straight and shiny deep brown hair. And I have tried so many times to replicate it on myself. (I may be slightly regretting the part about owning up to trying to replicate her hair because she is probably the 70% of people who read my blog) But I've finally come up with a trick, and you may not like it. You know the cardboard bit of a used toilet roll? I've found that toilet rolls are a great size to achieve her effortless wavy curls. They are a great heatless alternative as well. All I do is spritz my hair with some water, maybe add some coconut oil if it's feeling unquenched, and roll my hair onto the toilet roll. Pin it in place with a curvy grip and wait for it to dry. Voila!
  5. Lastly and also funnily, the trick that I have most recently made up but  love it and I've been doing it for the last week. Before going to be I put my hair into a loose bun with a curvy grip and put a couple of socks over it. Some how it stops my hair getting knotty and gives it a little volume for the morning. The funny part is, I've just done this as I'm am going to bed shortly and my mum came upstairs. She took one look at me and burst out laughing. so if your not afraid to look silly I think this trick is right up your alley.

Goodnight everyone, I wish you all to have a good hair day tomorrow!
-Lottie xxx

Comments

Popular Posts